Welcome to the Design & Technology department where your child will study VCERT in Product Design. VCERT craft is a course that consist of 2 units . Students will produce a portfolio of evidence. This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in craft such as wood crafts, textiles and garment making.
How is the course assessed?
The course consists of 2 units.
Students must complete both units to pass.
A portfolio of evidence.
An assignment that is marked externally.
What topics/ units will you study?
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- use raw materials, tools and equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- develop analytical and research skills.
- evaluate their own work, develop ideas and learning through the craft process.
- develop an understanding of health and safety considerations in the craft environment.
- develop an overview of enterprise skills and characteristics present in successful enterprising individuals.
- develop communication skills through a range of media.
Who would this course suit? What skills do you need ?
Students need to be able to work independently and enjoy being creative. They need to be resilient and problem solve. They need to be able to express and communicate their ideas.
What trips/ activities will you be involved in?
Students will be completing a range of practical tasks creating different products.
What college courses/job opportunities would this help you follow in the future?
A product textiles designer. A Design & Technology A-Level course (textiles/product design), Art and design courses.
How will this course help you to get a job?
Employers like applicants who can problem solve, work independently and be creative.
Who can you speak to for more information or if you have any questions?
Mrs Edwards in 1Tx1.